Saturday, January 12, 2008

Blog #22 or, Ravelry's Down for Upgrades So I Figured I Might As Well Blog....

Yeah. So here we are. Still addicted to Ravelry. I have actually gotten bunches
Ooooooo! My box of goodies from Jamesykins FINALLY showed up! Yeah, British post sucks. He shipped it on the 21st, of freakin' November. I got it on the 10th of January. I didn't think anything took that long to ship anymore. The box was full of lovely silk fabric and some yarn, including some supersoftfluffy angora! The skeins are teeny tiny, but I reckon there is at least enough for a hat or two.

I really need to get my pink sweater done. I feel like I can't start another sweater for myself until I finish that one. And I got some Noro Silvermore photos taken. And have them downloaded into the computer and moved to flickr. It just seems like there should be a more direct way to d
o all of this. But that would require researching all the boring bits of the computerie nonsense that I don't like doing.

Had a lovely Christmas though. The parents came and we ate and watched Christmas movies Christmas eve and Christmas day. A very low-key, low-stress way to spend the holiday. Did I take pictures? Umm, no. Didn't think of it. Obviously now I am. Thinking that some pictures of Christmas would have been fun to put on the blog. Maybe if I spent more time blogging and less time being Completely Pointless and Arbitrary on Raverly, I wouldn't be having these problems. Hee.
Thaw that I am dying to knit up. Irealized it is the wrong weight for what I thought I was going to knit out of it, but think I might just have barely enough for the Sunrise Circle Jacket. I thought I had taken a picture of it, but now I can't find it. Hmmm.

I did knit a few things for Christmas gifts.
This is the pair of socks I knit for Mom. They are cashmere and very soft and squooshy.
These are socks I knit for me. I also knit a pair for James. Except bigger. Cause he's a boy and has bigger feet. But both pair were out of the same yarn. Which I had dyed early last year at a Dagmar Klos workshop through the WCKG. I honestly don't remember the fiber content, I am thinking maybe it is alpaca and Merino. I wore mine for work one day and the soles totally felted. Not in a shrinking kind of way, but in a thick, dense freakishly warm kind of way. They still fit.

No comments: