Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Blog #31, aka, A Few Random Thoughts

#1 I think I have reached some kind of critical mass level with the knitting. I got me a swell new Ravelry tote bag. Yes, I was totally stalking the store and clicking "refresh" all afternoon that Saturday....and I gots me a tote bag!!! It is the perfect size. The straps are the perfect length. It is huge. I could fit my whole life into this bag if I wanted to. And therein, lies the problem. I have turned it into my knitting bag, duh. But instead of carrying a purse also, I have started chucking all of the purse crap into my knitting(?) bag. This would seem to me, to indicate some kind of new found level of extreme-ness. Or maybe I just think about junk too much.

#2 Alex needs to retire to Scottsdale. He was doing beautifully when it had gotten warmer, but now that it is plummeting down into the 40's at night, he is all stiff and crunchy again. He was all tucked in under my bed all evening. I finally went and crawled halfway under the bed to give him a little kitty hip rub. That seemed to perk him up quite a bit. He came out for a pill and a snack. He is now napping peacefully on his chair in the mudroom/enclosed back porch. Poor booger. Perhaps I can find him a home for retired kitties......maybe a heating pad would help.

#3 I just finished a market bag. It was way fun to knit. Good beer knitting too. Huge, open weave, and if one screws up, who cares? It's a market bag!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, young lady, here's a comment for you! Thanks for welcoming me into your knitting group. Can't wait for your party tomorrow! I hope you get the drum carders you've wanted.

Happy birthday!

Schecki said...

Happy birthday, Miz Beth! Miss knitting with you all. Sunday mornings just ain't the same.

xo, Jenna from Florida by way of Chicago.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Beth!!

Looking forward to celebrating tomorrow!!

Adrienne said...

Poor Alex! What about one of those "self-heating" kitty sleeping pads? Supposedly they use the cat's own body heat to warm up. I don't have one, so don't know if they actually work, but maybe that would help him?

See you soon! =)

nomadicliz said...

Happy birthday B-G!
can't wait for the Bbq