Monday, August 20, 2007

Blog #9 or Fall Has Arrived in Chicago and I Sure Wish It Would Stay

Okay, that was a little lame as far as sub-titles go, but hey, I got nuthin'!

So we are making magnificent progress on the baby sweater front. All of the pieces for my cousins' baby's sweater are done and drying after blocking. Later today I will be sewing them together and picking up stitches for the hood. Must, find, buttons. I also have half of a pair of baby socks for afghans4Afghans done. They have a due date in late September and I am, as usual, obsessed with getting as many little goodies knit for them as possible.

I found a pile of fabric that was meant to become stuff for the soon-to-be-ex-gay-husband. I started cutting. It's all easy stuff and the cushions project is on hold while we wait for fabric. Though the client did pick up what was done so far. He was thrilled. I rock. Going back to clothes for the gayhusband. I am thinking that I need to root around in the stash and see if I have more wool that would make fab pants for him. I have one Vogue pattern that makes a fairly skinny pant that looks great on him. I make him a test pair of these pants, but out of a funky vintage barkcloth. They are soooo funny! I must get a picture of them on here. I must get a LOT of pictures on here. Anyways, I am thinking that he could use some of these pants in more subtle wools and whatnot. So I will root around later and find some. I have to dig around and see what I can come up with for a slipcover for an ottoman for a friend.

Onto the Starbucks! I was going to avoid mentioning the day job by name, but then when discussing blogs with the roommate, came to realize that if I mention Starbucks by name, I am more likely to get random people seeing my blog due to the googling of Starbucks. So I will be mentioning them by name in a shameless attempt to gain readers.

After many, many years at the same store, I have, just this week, transferred to a new store. The old store just keeps getting busier and busier. Don't get me wrong, I love staying busy, but within reason. And the old store was TINY too. When I was first at that store, it was all gayboys. Being the quintessential faghag, this seemed like a match made in heaven. But so many of the boys have moved out of the neighborhood and been replaced by...... My new store is easier and faster to get to from home, and so far I loves it!

No comments: