Saturday, September 8, 2007

Blog #11, or Color Me Silly For That Last Blog

It wasn't more than 3 days later that the LYS called to tell me that my Jo Sharp Knit #3 was in. I almost feel like I should delete last post....except that I still stand by every bit of what I said about the yarn sales and my 40% off Jo Sharp yarn. HA. I will give the LYS a chance, I hereby swear to go in and drool over pretty yarn at the LYS and buy yarn for small projects ONLY. Yeah right. That would work, were it not for The Stash. See, part of the problem is that I really have enough yarn to keep my busy for a least a year or two. That is assuming that I maintain more or less the same KRPW, or, Knitting Rate Per Week. Have I mentioned the alpaca poncho that I want to have done by fall that I haven't even started yet? Little Ms. Pink Sweater is not any closer to being done either. But I am getting within spitting distance of finishing one of the baby sweaters. And my pink socks. Then I can start Christmas. ( there were more words...but in the interest of keeping at least a wee bit of secrecy 'bout presents, I have decided to say no more. unless of course, the interested party wants to buy me my Tacsew sewing machine....)

Knitty.com had a "Sex and The Knitty" issue a while back. It was wonderful. If you haven't seen knitty.com, you really must. Unless of course, you don't knit. Then what would be the point? Anyways, they have a pattern for a men's thong. I think I need to knit one. The scary thing is that there is a pattern for a women's halte-rie kind of bra top-ie thing, which is basically two of the men's thongs, one for each breast, with a band and whatnot to make it into a women's top. And it's a cute top too.

I am wanting to get together some kind of knitting group to meet at the Starbucks I work at. We are trying to up our sales and when I suggested a knitting group, my manager not only offered the employee discount to any and all knitters who would show up, but said he would learn how to knit if it would help. I am thinking Sunday afternoons during the fall and winter. Sunday is our slowest day of the week, so it seems a likely candidate for the knitting. Plus we are not so far from a yarn shop.


Oh yes, and the boat cushions are progressing very nicely, thanks for asking! Oh, except I realized that I managed to NOT order enough damn zippers. At least it is a length that I can get from Hancock Fabrics on my way to Sunday Brunch tomorrow. Which will be at Wishbone. Jealous? Oh trust me baby, you should be!

No comments: