Sunday, June 15, 2008

Blog #33, or How I Got My First Sunburn Of The Season

Yesterday was WWKIP day. I wore sunscreen, but clearly SPF 15 was not enough. I wore sleeveless, because I knew I would get some color, and didn't want farmer tan. Believe me, I have seen hard-core farmer tan up close. It's not a look I wish to duplicate. I had one Grandfather who was a farmer. I don't think he ever went out with less coverage than a short-sleeved shirt. But I had seen him in a tank. We are talking skin as white as the new fallen snow, right next to skin that had spent every summer of it's 60 some odd years in short sleeves out on a tractor. With no canopy. I do not wish to duplicate this look. So yeah, I am a little bit crunchy in places this morning. I have been slathering myself with body butter.

But other than that, WWKIP day was lovely! That stands for World Wide Knit In Public day.

No comments: