Sunday, August 3, 2008

Blog #36, In Which Bettie Realizes That She Can't Count, aka Sequence Numbers, Properly

No. Please. No fainting. I know, two posts in less than 24 hours, whassupwiththat? Good question. I have no clue. But it's almost 4 am and I am wide awake. Actually I was wide awake about 2 hours ago. I only just got out of the bed. And upon exiting the bedroom, door left slighly ajar, almost tripped over Mr. Fluffiepants. Like he forgot how to push doors open or something. I don't understand this. He knows how to open doors, I've seen him do it. Maybe he was being thoughtful and considerate. Yeah, right.

So I am participating in the Ravelympics. In which we cast on during the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and attempt to have said project finished by the end of closing ceremonies. I am doing the February Lady Sweater. I forget who did the pattern and am too lazy to leave the 'puter and find out. But it is based, or perhaps I should say 'unvented' from Elizabeth Zimmerman's February Baby Sweater. But sized for 'a grown-ass woman', as it says on the pattern. It's a free pattern off of Ravelry. I am using some of the Lorna's Laces green yarn that I got at the warehouse sale. I have done the math about 6 times now. And considered and re-considered which size, how much ease or negative ease I want and all of that good stuff. The yarn is pink. Very pink. I loves it. I believe I will be swatching today at knit group. Swatching is what we do for training. Will there be pictures? I can guarantee that they will taken, whether or not I actually decide to apply myself and post here remains to be seen. Heh. I am tres lame.

Oh crap. I almost forgot. Bernie is dead. I turn him on and I don't even get the mechanical-whining-motor-trying-to-go-kind of noise. He's not even trying anymore. I turn him on and hit the gas, and...... nothing. Just flat-out, straight-up, dead quiet. I am planning on giving him a little rest, and then trying again, but man, it don't look good. Anyone wanna gimme a thousand bucks or so for my Tacsew?

No comments: