Monday, July 23, 2007

Blog #6 or, This week's goal is to figure out how to post pictures on here...

Wow, that final paragraph of my last entry is a wee tiny bit incoherent. Welcome to the slightly tipsy world of Bettie. Bettie, in case we are wondering, is my alter-ego. This stemming from me saying, years ago, that were I in burlesque, my stage name would be 'Bettiebubbles'. I must have told a few too many people this, as the nickname of 'Bettie' seems to be sticking. This would have been about 1992 or so, before burlesque made a bit of a come-back. For those of you who were unaware of burlesques' return to popularity, well it has. At least somewhat. I would be doing it, if I hadn't gained ridiculous amounts of weight working at a certain huge chain coffee shop that shall remain unknown. I say unknown because I am unsure of the spelling of anonymous. See? That looks totally wrong. But then, I've found that if I stare at any word long enough, it starts to look misspelled.

I have managed to finish up quite a few little bits in the sewing room. I have even gotten all of the cushions that I need to recover measured so that I can figure out how much more fabric the client needs to order. I have made quite a bit of progress on one of the baby sweaters, and gotten everything that has been sewn shipped of to the happy parents. No one else that I know is allowed to have a baby this year! Okay, fine, but if you do, you get nothing! I got an email from afghans 4 Afghans the other day. They need baby stuff. Seeing as to how I still have more wool, I am now feeling extremely guilty because I have no time to knit wee baby sized chapeaus to send off to them.

Really, someone simply MUST think of a way that I can sit at home and do nothing but knit and sew....oh wait! Rich husband is that answer. Shit, being a 39 year-old, overweight woman puts me WAY out of contention for anything anywhere near that reality. Crap.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering. after my last entry, I feel asleep for 3 hours, woke up with a huge headache, read a little bit more of Harry Potter, head still hurt, watched a Netflix movie, still had a headache, gave up and went to sleep. I did finish Harry Potter by about 2pm on Sunday though. No, I will tell NOTHING!

3 comments:

SuiGeneris said...

Don't ruin it for me, but was the book good? I'm just about to read it. Well cool blog, take care.

-Bryan

Needleforhire said...

Ohmygod! I am sooo excited! You are, myveryfirstcomment!

I have absolutely no interest in ruining HP #7 for anyone, which is why I hesistate to say anything at all. I think anyone who is into the books at all should definitely read it though.

Enjoy the book and thanks for the comment!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.