Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Blog #14, In Which Bettie Realizes That She Is Now Addicted to Ravelry and Is Getting Nothing Done

It's a dangerous place. I've been taking pictures of yarn in late afternoon when the light is better. I am hoping to get a bunch of photos downloaded into flickr and maybe, just maybe, I will be able to get them to post from flickr to here. Pictures for my blog! What an idea! It looks like the knitting group at the Starbucks is a go too. There really isn't one a decent commute from any of the neighborhoods along the lakefront. There is one at Uncommon Ground, but that's not really so close to Rogers Park. It ends up that there are enough knitters in Uptown, Rogers Park and everywhere in between to make it work. We'll see how may actually show up. If only I could bring a fluffy kittie or two.....

Caleb's blue sweater has been mailed off. And another Christmasy thing is done. I can't even talk about what I am doing next, for fear that I will figure out how to post pictures and actually tell people I know about my blog. I have only told James and my mom so far. Dumb, eh? It just seems kinda lame with no pictures.

I do have an awful lot of yarn though. I haven't even unearthed it all yet. I haven't even begun with the roving and fleeces and whatnot.

I did get all of James' shirts done. I got two pairs of pants cut out also. I haven't made it over to measure windows for my current curtain job, so have been cutting and sewing for the gay ex-husband instead.


Okay, short post. Stinkiecat has asked for nothing from me all day. Now he is asking. So I gotta go love on the Stinkiecat for a bit.....while I knit on my EZ Baby Sweater on Two Needles. This would be for baby Vesta. Vesta is going to get a lot of goodies from her FFG. One, 'cause her momma is one of my top 5 favorite people of all time, and two, because her momma is so prompt and effusive with the thank you notes it just makes me want to offer to make her entire wardrobe. It's really nice to send stuff to someone who recognizes that you MADE this just for them, or their child as the case may be, and genuinely appreciates it.

2 comments:

mettray said...

hi bettie! I like your style! I was supposed to do a logo thingie for you wasn't i? ooops!

Needleforhire said...

Mmm, that was for my etsy store, which has nothing in it, cause I have no time to make stuff. But if you have any clue as to why this silly blooger thingey won't let me post photos.........