Sunday, October 7, 2007

#12, Or, Bettie Realizes That 12 Comes Before 13, Not After

Wow. So I got my Ravelry invite two weeks ago. Wow. And did I mention???? wow. Seriously the best thing that ever happened to knitting. If you don't knit, or have any sort of crafty obsession, you will not understand. But other knitters understand. And are jealous that they have not gotten their invitations. Soon, very soon. Word on the street is that the invites are going out really fast and thick now. What I am wondering is if there is a way I can put all of my sewing projects on there too. God, that really would be amazing!

Subject of todays' rant, Why the F#$% can't the Gap manage to sell knit clothes with properly stitched hems? You are supposed to be able to S_T_R_E_T_C_H the hem AFTER it has been sewn. Without ripping the hell out of the hem that is. It's not rocket science people! Just strectch the damn knits while they are being sewn! This is, by the way, basic knits sewing 101. Stupid damn Gap. I always end up just cutting the hem off and leaving the raw edge. Which stretches. Unbelieveable.

Even more unbelieveable is the fact that I am managing to type after an hour of open bar at a bar.

Must sleep now, must sew many things tomorrow. I have a lead on a possible solution to the photo issue, will try to resolve this week if possible. Nightie night!

No comments: