Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Blog #17, Am I Counting Okay Now?

Can I just say how much I adore seeing HRHMFWP every time I come here? HRHMFWP stands for His-Royal-Highness-Mr.-Fluffie-Wuffie-Pants. That would be Alex. And if you think I am a dork for calling him that, then you are CLEARLY not a person who has EVER shared their life with a pet and should be banned from the planet. No, universe. And speaking of the universe, when is someone going to make some new totally kick-ass science fiction movies? Seriously, is there an X-Men #4 in the works or anything? Perhaps I will have to accept The Golden Compass as good enough. Which you should go and read before the movie comes out. It's amazing. The book, I have no clue what the movie will be like. Dare I say it? Better than Harry Potter..... just my humble opinion.

What the fuck? Did I switch this from sewing/knitting chatter to movies and not tell myself?

I am hemming a wedding gown and making a wrappie-stole type thing for one bride, a whole more casual wedding frock for another. ( Think cocktail frock, but in white.)

I am waiting to hear when I can go and hang curtains. Which are done. Which have been done for a week now.

I am working on several other sewing projects of which I cannot speak. It is almost Christmas you know.

I do have two pairs of severely fashionable pants cut out for Jameseykins. Okay, okay, I know, he moves to Engalund on Friday. (booHOO) But I figure that I can fit them next time I see him and then mail them off when they are finished. I am knitting myself new socks to make myself feel better about him leaving. If that makes any sense at all......

I am doing much better with not spending all of my free time on Ravelry. I do still get sucked into the occasional thread on the forums, but it is much better. I do still check it before my email though. I was chosen as partner of the quarter at the Starbucks. Got a shirt, dress code, woohoo!, and a $50 gift card. I think it's time to buy me some KnitPicks Options needle. Maybe not the whole set, but the smaller ones that aren't interchangable. Then I knit socks on the train without having to worry about loosing my DPN's on the train.

No comments: