Saturday, November 10, 2007

Blog #19 In Which Bettie Posts Several More Pigchurs, 'Cause She Knows How To Do That Now.....


Another satisfied Needle for Hire customer! Not one of my cats by the way. This is a Simplicity pattern, no clue what number and we will not be hunting down the number just so that we can post it here. It was, however, MY idea to make the absurd cat tepee thing out of an old chenille bedspread. I am thinking that the Stinkiecat needs one of these. Bad. Real bad. Though he may end up wrastlin' Alex for it. I have a lovely jade green chenille spread that has no particular purpose in life.

The curtain project will be up soon. In the condo of their owner and here. I had texted their owner and well, her texts go to her work email. She tends to not read the work email.

I am hemming a wedding gown for the sister of a friend. It's the sister that she had always said I reminded her of. Too bad she is moving away after the wedding, we do have a lot in common. It was funny. She walked into my apartment, and the first thing she said was, "you knit!" The second was, "I've never seen so much Panda Cotton in one place in my whole life!" I had just been to Loopy Yarns for the first time and 6 ball of Panda Cotton, 4 skeins of Soxx Appeal, some new Addi's to try out that whole knitting-a-sock-on-two-circulars, some new cable needles and a wee bit of Fixation was the result. Oh. And two new books. 'cause I have no knitting books. Teeheehee. I made a pair of socks this week. Out of yarn from the Dagmar Klos dye workshop I went to in April? May? Something like that. I just have to Kitchner the toes together. I still have yarn left. I don't what else to make. Maybe some lil' footie socks.....

I must sleep. Big brunch plans for tomorrow and am wanting to do some sewing before going to eat brunch and drink many, many Bloody Marys.

1 comment:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

I am a BIG fan now of knitting socks on two circulars. I'll be bringing my newest project (first time on two circs) to the knitting group tomorrow.